Mechanical Heart Valves
Designed to mimic and function like a natural, healthy heart valve, mechanical valves open and close with each heartbeat, permitting proper blood flow through the heart. Mechanical valves are made from manufactured materials and designed to last a lifetime. They typically do not wear out or break down.
SJM REGENT™ Heart ValveWe have carefully designed the SJM Regent™ mechanical heart valve to mimic a natural, healthy heart valve. Like your own natural heart valve, it opens and closes with each heartbeat, permitting proper blood flow through the heart.
- Designed to last a lifetime
- Most widely implanted mechanical valve in the world
MASTERS SERIES MECHANICAL HEART VALVE STANDARD CUFF
The SJM™ Masters Series Mechanical Heart Valve is intended for use as a replacement valve in patients with a diseased, damaged, or malfunctioning mitral or aortic heart valve. This device may also be used to replace a previously implanted mitral or aortic prosthetic heart valve.
- Pyrolytic carbon leaflets and orifice ring offer exceptional durability and increased thromboresistance
- 85 degree leaflet opening angle offers improved laminar flow and reduces turbulence
- Controlled torque rotation mechanism allows for easy rotation and intraoperative adjustment
- The expanded Masters aortic cuff has approximately 25% more cuff than the standard cuff
TISSUE HEART VALVES
Tissue valves are most often made with tissues from porcine (pig) heart valves or bovine (cow) cardiac tissue. When you have a tissue heart valve, you do not need to take lifelong blood-thinner medication. Tissue valves are not as durable as mechanical valves.
The St Jude Medical Trifecta valve is a unique pericardial bioprosthesis with design elements that provide excellent haemodynamic performance while providing ease of implantation.
Its valve design includes pericardial tissue leaflets attached to the exterior of the valve stent to improve the opening area. The pericardial-covered stent for tissue-to-tissue contact is intended to reduce the risk of abrasion and structural valve deterioration. The elimination of a tacking suture at the top of the commissure aims to reduce decrease the risk of tearing.
- Exceptional hemodynamic performance
- Exterior-mounted pericardial leaflets with unique suture attachment allows for maximum leaflet excursion and larger EOAs
- Designed to provide excellent durability with the pericardial-covered stent for tissue-to-tissue contact to reduce the risk of abrasion
- Includes Linx™ AC Technology, which is designed to improve long-term performance and valve durability
- Designed to maintain structural integrity with a high-strength, fatigue-resistant, titanium alloy stent
- Short 2 x 10-second rinse time
EPIC™ MITRAL STENTED TISSUE VALVE WITH LINX™ AC TECHNOLOGY
The Epic Mitral valve’s triple composite design and unique pericardial shield are designed for durability.
The Epic™ Mitral stented tissue valve with Linx™ AC technology offers the same design as the Biocor™ valve, a bioprosthetic heart valve that is supported by 20 years of published durability data and 25 years of clinical experience
PERICARDIUM REPAIR PATCH
Bovine pericardium is widely used in surgery and is commonly used for a patch after arteriotomy during cardiovascular surgery. … Bovine pericardium (BP) has come into common clinical use during the past 20 years, especially when used as a patch for arterial closure during vascular and cardiac surgery
SJM BIOCOR™ PATCH – BOVINE PERICARDIUM REPAIR PATCH
- Useful in a broad range of clinical indications
- Fixed with glutaraldehyde to increase stability and decrease antigenicity
- Available in multiple sizes to accommodate surgeon preference and need